Image
LEARN ILLUSTRATOR

Illustrator can be frustrating for a new user. The goal of our Step by Step Tutorials, Challenges and Workflows is to give you structured learning environment to practice Adobe Illustrator. If you like the YouTube follow along Tutorials this is for you.

PREMIUM + RESOURCES

The Premium + Resources is our Active Learning Course Content (step by steps) that follows along to our Linear Workflow Model. The Tutorial Resources is everything in our folder from anchor point guides tablet friendly guides, brushes, textures.

WORKFLOWS + CHALLENGES

The goal on the Linear Workflows and Course Content is to give you 50+ Active Learning Tutorials to follow along step by step. This is to allow plenty of time working in the program and in a structured environment to advance you along faster and to retain more information.

LINEAR WORKFLOW MODEL

( Structure ) The idea behind the Linear Workflow is to give you a very basic structure that you can build all of your designs. This is a very practical way of teaching the program which allows us to focus on the major building blocks, decision making and tool options as we go through each step of the design or building process.

STRUCTURE

Our Linear Model is easy to understand for beginners to master the basics, but also flexible enough as you get more advanced.

DECISION MAKING

Once we break down each step into a logical sequence, a lot of the decision making is already done for us which makes it easy to understand.

PROBLEM SOLVING

Challenges + Workflows are broken down into shorter videos which allows for more problem solving and explanation during each step.

PREMIUM PLUS

TUTORIALS + CHALLENGES

PREMIUM + RESOURCES

Enhancing Learner Retention

( Nerd Alert ) The major flaw is people are trying to learn from tip videos on the internet. Tips Videos are around 15% retention which is great if you already have the other 85%. The extreme goal as an instructor is always 100% retention, which isn’t that far fetched if we follow some basic Instructional Learning Systems. Our Courses and Programs focus on different types of Learning Styles, Teaching Methods, Applying New Information and Checking for Understanding. This is all designed to get you out of the uncomfortable phase by working and applying the new information so you can learn faster.

LEARN NEW TOPIC

Our programs are designed around Instructional Learning Systems to enhance the your retention. When we learn a new topic there is a short window to apply the new information before we lose it. This is the difference between 15% retention and our goal of 100%.

IMMEDIATELY APPLY

When we say Active Learning, this is just a nicer way of saying Force Learner Participation. When you immediately apply the information and repeat the skill our retention moves up towards the 100% goal. This is why we do multiple step by steps tutorials.

UNDERSTANDING

Checking for Understanding is not a new concept. You turned in every assignment in school for a reason. As an instructor, I am looking to see if the information is being learned and applied correctly. This is so we can do troubleshooting or expand on the lesson until it is clear.

BEST PRACTICE + ADVANCED TOPICS

( Developing ) The goal is to learn the program and advance your skill sets. The Challenge Series takes the idea of a simple step by step tutorial and pushes into a little more of the uncomfortable areas so we can move into more advanced topics. This is still done in a structured environment or step by step format since there is a bit more troubleshooting that has to be done.

CHALLENGES

Our Challenge Series is the most popular format on YouTube. It is also the format I get the most amount of requests to do more of in different subjects, designs or more advanced topics. The idea is to break down the steps of the workflow into smaller videos to do more of the explanation and problem solving.

BEST PRACTICE

The Challenge Series and Step by Steps are evolving into best practices and my current workflow. A lot of the older tutorials were exposure tutorials for just practicing a tool or procedure which might not be the best way of approaching it in Adobe Illustrator. The current Tutorials + Challenges are structured around best practice to save you time and give you the fastest or easiest solution.

ADVANCED TOPICS

The goal with the Tutorials and Challenges is to start with the basic building blocks and then add on to them for more advanced topics. The goal is to give you plenty of options as your skills develop and advance in the program. The Tutorial + Challenges allow us to take a little more time adding and layering effects to get more advanced designs.

PREMIUM PLUS

TUTORIALS + CHALLENGES

PREMIUM + RESOURCES